<$BlogRSDURL$> |
whitelion's photo page
Saturday, November 20, 2004

Macritchie's Tree Top Walk

Hunky guys at the start of the bridge. Is that baby fat I see?


The view from above.I think we are about 12 storeys up.Not for the faint hearted!


Another angle of the bridge.
The bridge is one way only. The family behind me had to presumably walk all the way around.Poor kids.


Gee! I can see my house from here.
From the bridge you can see Lower Pierce Reservoir quite clearly.More clearly than you can see in the pic. Images in the digicam appear closer than they really are.


This was taken at the other side of the bridge.
There is a security guy stationed here who makes sure no one goes in the wrong direction.Wonder what they do to offenders...


The long walk down....


...see wat I mean....


...now up again...*pant pant*


...finally even ground. A welcome respite.


A sign telling us that the bridge is one way.It also 'helpfully' points me in the right direction....


...so...I end up walking down this lonely and deserted path.
When I took this picture I did not realise that there were 2 persons seated on the cement structure under the tree on the left of the picture. *Eeps!!*


An oasis in the desert.
The Ranger Station.Washrooms and a water cooler can be found here.
So...ermm...you can unload and reload bodily fluids here. Some young people were also observed 'helpfully' exchanging bodily fluids on the benches there.


There are helpful signs all along the route to help hapless hikers such as myself.
They also serve to let you know how far you are from the next coin-operated phone.


Another view of the Ranger Station.
Notice the landscaping.NParks did a good job beautifying the area.Not to mention all the other stuff like the signs, maps, boardwalks and last, and most importantly...the Tree Top Walk bridge itself!


the Bukit Kalang Service Reservoir
It kinda resembles a military installation. The exception being it has only a lone guard safekeeping the place as far as I could see.


NO FEEDING THE MONKEYS
But you may freely litter or feed all the other fauna.


...and...oh...NO DOGS ALLOWED!
and they say every dog has it's day.*groan*


The Island Country Club.
Which incidentally is on an island.Who woulda thunk?
Kinda looks like a castle...


And finally...a return to civilisation....



|